We all know Colin has a delightful, humorous side. Looking at these recent, poignant, beautifully etched performances, we thought about adding a visit to his lighter side. Here, just for fun, is an interview from April 30, 2012. Laughing out loud is permitted 😀
“Hot” Magazine interview excerpt with Colin Morgan and Bradley James … (Guest starring Origami)
- Interviewer: is that how you pick up girls?
- Bradley: I actually pick up girls with various displays of origami.
- Interviewer: You do not.
- Bradley: Yes, I do. It’s quite a famous tactic here in England. The better you are at origami, the more women you attract.
- Interviewer: And you’re sure it’s not because they recognise you from the show?
- Colin: Well, generally they’re too distracted by the origami.
- Bradley: Yes. My house is origami. I’ve got a car that I drove here today that is made from origami.
- Interviewer: It must be very environmentally friendly.
- Bradley: Yeah, big time.
- Interviewer: Alright, Colin, coming back to Merlin – do you believe in magic?
- Colin: After watching Bradley drive around in his origami car, I believe in everything.
- Interviewer: Okay. Do you own anything origami?
- Colin: No, I’m an origami wannabe. I’ve actually started up a support group because some people have a deficiency in their systems where they can’t actually fold things. I’m a part of that group, and it seems to affect people from Northern Ireland. Anyone prone to paper cuts shouldn’t even enter the origami game. It’s a rough industry and certainly if you don’t have thick skin, you’re going to lose.
- Interviewer: Let us guess, we’re your first interview of the day, aren’t we?
- Colin: Yes!
- Interviewer: And this is how you like to start your day?
- Bradley: …I usually start my day with origami.